If you have a little time in camp to make a more complete meal, this comfort food will go down well. There are two versions to accommodate those that do or do not have a dehydrator. The directions at camp are the same.
http://groorganic.net/pages/about-us/3-about-company/ Ingredients for dehydrator version
One 15 oz. can of yellow corn (drained)
One 15 oz. can of French-Style green beans (drained)
One can of cream of chicken soup
2 teaspoons of McCormick’s Montreal Chicken Seasoning
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 7 oz. package cooked chicken
1 ½ cups Bisquick mix (packaged in one gallon bag separately)
1 oz. olive oil in small bottle
Directions at home:
Mix vegatables, soup and seasonings well. Sample for taste and adjust as desired. Spread mixture evenly on three or four dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 145 for 12 hours. Turn over half way through if needed to speed process. When dry, package in one gallon bag freezer bag. Keep refrigerated until the time of your trip.
buy gabapentin 300 mg uk Ingredients for dry mix (non-dehydrator) version
Two cups of freeze dried chicken or carry a 7 oz package of chicken
One packet of Backpacker’s Pantry freeze dried mixed vegetables
Two Packets of turkey gravy
Two teaspoons McCormick’s Montreal Chicken Seasoning
½ tsp. pepper
Mix all ingredients well and put in one gallon freezer bag
1 ½ cups Bisquick mix (packaged in gallon bag separately)
1 oz. olive oil in a small bottle.
Directions at camp:
- It’s best to use a MSR Windpro or similar remote canister stove for cooking this meal. It delivers the necessary heat. A heat diffuser will also help avoid scorching on the bottom and allow the biscuits to cook more thoroughly.
- Add 2 cups boiling water to the vegetable mix in the freezer bag and let sit until rehydrated. The mixture should be somewhat soupy. If not, add ½ cup additional water. Add chicken to the mixture.
- Use olive all to coat the insides of your cooking pot (2.5 liter or larger).
- When the chicken/vegetable mixture is well rehydrated, knead the bag to be sure all ingredients are moistened and evenly distributed. Put in into the pan and heat on medium flame. Stir occasionally being careful not to scrape the sides or let the bottom burn.
- Put ¼ cup cold water into the Bisquick bag and knead until well mixed.
- When the soup mixture comes to a boil, lower heat but maintain a low boil.
- Use a spoon to scoop out golf ball sized dollops to cover the top of the soup.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes until biscuits have puffed up, become firm, and no longer have a sticky texture (use a fork to check). The biscuits will not brown.
- Remove from heat and serve into individual bowls
Put plastic bags with your other recycle materials to rinse out at home and take to recycle facility.